Top 10 Ways To Treat Repetitive Stress Injuries
If you're like most people, you probably spend a good chunk of your day using your hands and fingers. Whether you're typing on a keyboard, clicking a mouse, or picking up a pencil, you rely on your hands to do all sorts of tasks. So it's no surprise that when you use them over and over again, they might start to feel a little tired. That's where repetitive stress injuries come in - they're basically any injury that results from doing the same thing over and over again.
Here are some ways to treat repetitive stress injuries
1. Rest: One of the best things you can do for any kind of injury is to rest. This gives your body a chance to heal and recover. When it comes to repetitive stress injuries, resting is especially important because it helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Ice: Applying ice to the affected area can also help to reduce pain and swelling. Ice should be applied for 20 minutes at a time, several times a day.
3. Compression: Another way to reduce swelling and pain is to use compression. This can be done with an elastic bandage or wrap. Be sure not to wrap too tightly, as this could cause more pain.
4. Elevation: Keeping the affected area elevated above the level of your heart can also help to reduce swelling.
5. Pain relievers: Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help to relieve pain. However, be sure to follow the directions on the package carefully.
6. Physical therapy: In some cases, physical therapy may be recommended in order to help you regain strength and range of motion.
7. Surgery: In severe cases, surgery may be necessary to release the pressure on the nerve or to repair damaged tissue.
8. Massage: Massaging the affected area can help to increase blood flow and reduce pain.
9. Acupuncture: This traditional Chinese medicine technique involves the insertion of thin needles into the skin at certain points. It is said to help relieve pain by releasing endorphins and increasing blood flow.
10. Chiropractic care: Chiropractic adjustments are said to help relieve pain by restoring alignment to the spine.
How Long Does RSI Take To Heal?
Most people with RSI will start to feel better within a few weeks with proper treatment. However, some people may experience chronic pain and discomfort that can last for months or even years. It is important to work with a healthcare provider to develop a treatment plan that is right for you. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may need to alter your activities or make changes to the way you do certain tasks. You may also need to take medication or undergo physical therapy. If your symptoms are particularly severe, you may require surgery. With proper treatment, most people with RSI will eventually recover and be able to return to their normal activities.
Which Keys Are Pressed Repeatedly To Lessen Strain?
There are a few different ways that you can lessen the strain on your hands and wrists when typing. One way is to use an ergonomic keyboard that keeps your hands and wrists in a natural position. Another way is to take frequent breaks to stretch and move around. Additionally, you can try to use keyboard shortcuts as much as possible to minimize the amount of typing you have to do. Finally, it's also important to make sure that you're using proper form when typing so that you're not putting unnecessary strain on your hands and wrists.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of repetitive stress injuries, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. The sooner you start treatment, the quicker you will recover and be able to return to your normal activities. These ten treatments are a great place to start, but please consult with your doctor for a personalized plan that will work best for you.
Are You Searching for a Massage Therapist You Can Trust?
The Sanctuary Pleasant Hill LLC features a full range of services that are done using touch-based therapy. Our skilled therapists use their hands to manipulate the soft tissues of your body in order to relieve pain, improve health conditions, and promote wellness through holistic treatments like massage therapy! Located in the beautiful Contra Costa area, The Sanctuary is a Holistic Healing Center that specializes in exceptional treatments. Our aim is to nurture and relax each of our guests with individualized and innovative therapeutic techniques. We provide a quiet restful space to help you escape from stress and invigorate your spirit. The choice of how to move forward on your journey is a personal decision, honored without judgment. Start your journey with us today, click here to schedule your appointment!